Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Jun 11 2002 02:03 PM
Interesting Miami Forecast Discussion

I found this while checking out the forecasts for this morning..they are talking about an upper low circulation just off the Central E Florida coast:

STILL LOOKS LIKE VERY WET PATTERN SETTING UP OVER SOUTH FLORIDA NEXT FEW DAYS. AS HAS BEEN THE CASE THE PAST FEW DAYS...ETA...MESO-ETA AND NGM ARE A BIT MORE IN AGREEMENT WITH AVN NOT BEING QUITE AS HIGH ON QPF AMOUNTS THOUGH POPS FROM MAV STILL IN
LIKELY CATEGORY. CURRENT PLAN IS TO STICK WITH ETA/MESO/NGM WHICH INDICATE TROPICAL WAVE/INVERTED TROUGH MOVING SLOWLY NORTHWEST WHILE UPPER LOW CONTINUES TO SLOWLY RETROGRADE WEST. AVN STILL TRYING TO DEVELOP LOW ALONG TROUGH AXIS AND MOVE TO THE NORTHEAST. NOT CONSIDERING A WATCH AT THIS TIME...ESPECIALLY GIVEN ANTECEDENT CONDITIONS STILL FAIRLY DRY...BUT MAY NEED TO CONSIDER LATER.

Ok...are they talking about a FLOOD WATCH? Or a tropical storm watch? I'm thinking that they may be talking about a flood watch given that they were talking about the amount of rain (1-2") but I may be mistaken. Anyone?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center