Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Jun 14 2002 04:55 PM
convergence

off for a day and missed hearing about hope. got it on the bastardi page this morning.. john hope was the guy i grew up watching, before good info became available on computers. his expertise and authority in the tropics was unquestionable, but only mentioning that would seem a cheat. you always got the feeling from listening to him that he was a good person.. something that doesnt always come across with tv personalities. i respected the man. God rest him.
on a less mournful note, convection in the western gulf, southeast atlantic pretty intense. low to mid level twist apparent with both.. both moving ene. ahead of the front approaching from the north, the wind has shifted to out of the west, setting up good sfc convergence down there with the easterlies. maybe with the front approaching and the pressure falls (pretty low here) the complex will get the old baroclinic kick. i give it about 1 in 5 of deepening into something noteworthy.
after this current system goes down there will be a dying front splayed along the upper gulf, and a cutaway system drifting gulfward in texas early next week.. so some possibles down the road as well as the current interest. still low prospects though. june, to soon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center