Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Jun 16 2002 05:21 AM
A little practice for the season for you lucky...

Floridians. Nothing like a good old fashioned tropical day. We might be in for a little next week up this way. I'm giving props to Bastardi for recognizing the current setup over a week ago. He said the pattern would drop a storm out of the Rockies through TX and into the lower Mississippi Valley where a piece of it would cut off. That was completely outside of what any other source was giving. The complex is heading south through TX/OK even now - so far so good. If a ridge builds to the east and west of this upper low and associated convection, he pulled off a coup de grace. I have been in tune with the prediction since I live in the lower MS Valley. If he hits it, this was an excellent prognostication.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center