Greyman
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Jun 20 2002 07:06 PM
Re: Wave to the Rain

According to the The Farmers Almanac it is going to be a threatening season even though the 1st threat for this month is nowhere in sight & they also said there would be flooding rains here in my area in April when we were in the middle of a serious dry spell & I can go on & on with that foolish book,but it does make for a good laugh & kills time when I am in my local book store,as to the other post about late season hurricanes & methane or whatever,I think I heard something about that or it might have been about late development & the MJO,anyway you put it,it is interesting that in the past few years we've seen Mitch,Lenny & Michelle very late in the season,I'm sure that there are interactions between chemical reactions on the ground & in the atmosphere that are just now being discovered,but then again who knows these theories could be just as crazy as The Farmers Almanac.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center