Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Fri Jun 21 2002 04:59 PM
Re: slight interest

Well i agree with the post above by HF. There is definitely something trying to form near the surface over the NE Florida coast, associated with the evident cyclonic turning of the mass of convection in that area. Convection is really firing up just to the east of the Florida coast, so although i dont expect anything significant to develop it could still be quite a player on the weather scene.

As for the BOC the NHC outlook says it has become better organised. I must admit that i dont think it looks all that good at present, but the 12z Surface analysis places a new 1012 mb low right in the middle of the BOC, so there could be something developing.

Neither area has yet grabbed the attention of NRL as there are no current 'Invests' as yet.

I know i too said we would see a named system in June, but the days are few now, so something would have to develop soon!

Rich B

StormWarn2000 IWN

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center