Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Jun 22 2002 12:03 PM
Re: I'm a little excited...

Steve, had to come in to work today... ughhhh... Rocket test stand I'm on is about 300 feet high and working on the top of it this morning feels just like fall weather... cool temps (64 deg F) with some brisk winds out of the NE... hard to believe its June 22. Affects of upper level low coming in from the east should send us some more rain for the next day or so...

BOC has lost much of its deep convection over night although the last few IR sat loops indicate it is trying to make a comback. Only real deep convection this am is off the coast of Fl/Ga. Would be very suprised if NHC sent in recon today in the BOC area ... not gonna happen unless it gets cranking up later this morning... My thoughts earlier in May was that I didn't think we would have much tropical activity in June, nor a named system.. Actually we've had more to look at that I thought we would with a couple of interesting systems earlier that didn't really get going...

Still don't think we'll get that named storm until mid to late July... mid Aug to late Sept is the brunt of a typical season and this year is holding true to that format so far... obviously things can change... and I've eaten crow before too... probably eat some more this year (tastes like chicken right... hehe)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center