Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jun 26 2002 01:55 PM
Re: forecast for the tropical weather for 6-26-2002

It looks like the tentacles are stretching my way for a big rain day. I was hoping to log on and see something from Frank P. It looks like the Central MS Coast (Harrison to western Jackson Co.) got 4-5" of rain overnight. I think what's in the Gulf today is that reverse eddy stuff Joe B. talks about alot just beyond the eastern side of an upper low. It is definitely building and will probably mean a few inches of rain for me today. But these types of eddys and also some of the feeds have been going like this all week. They have been strongest in the daytime and weaker during the overnight hours. But the strongest storms and highest cloudtops continue to propagate westward. As to whether they start firing directly over Houston (or just offshore of Galveston or the Golden Triangle area) will depend on whether the ULL continues to move NW. I think today's also has something to do with a split flow around the east side of the low and the west side of the high over the SE.

I'm going out on the limb and guessing we get 3.25" today and minor street flooding in some of the areas that always flood.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center