Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Jun 26 2002 04:42 PM
Re: forecast for the tropical weather for 6-26-2002

still think, as I posted earlier, that there will be late activity, and that nothing of mention will develop till August...but of course, the occassional suprise should keep us glued to this great site.

forecaster and weather hobbiests all agree we are entering a period of greater activity, such as what occurred earlier this century. The gulf coast,and all the build-up there...is a sitting duck.

The theory I studied has to do with methane hydrates, which are compounds, that the "expert" thought had a great impact on the strength of hurricanes. As he theorized, the hurricanes are as a much an electrical phenomenon, as warm waters and low pressure areas....all are important to get one cranking up. He had predicted hurricane Mitch, whose late season intensity (at a point was a cat 5) was due to river runoff, sediments and all, into the waters. The delay in the runoff due to man made dams, causes the delayed season. If one studies the unbelievable dam that the Chinese are building, in his view, it is another man made thing that is distorting weather patterns on a global scale.

I am no genuis..but do love to read...and I think this bears some interesting things to look ahead to....

so the conclusion? late season intense hurricanes...

he called himself Mike Hydrate...and posted on the weather channel forum

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center