Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jun 26 2002 09:40 PM
Yo Steve/Colleen

Raining so much over here on the MS coast I'm starting to get my web feet back... Got pounded big time this morning with about 2-3 inches of rain in about 45 minutes... Been raining most of afternoon at work today and we got about another 1/2 inch to add to the totals ... Heck, I think its rained every day over here for the past 5-6 days...

Been so busy today not had much time to check out the tropics. Looks like Shawn and the Tx/La coast may be in store for some rain looking at the latest GOM IR if the system moves inland...... Pretty good IR pix this afternoon with some deep convection. Not informed enought to predict what, if any, this area might be prone to do... Probably nothing... may have time tonight to check it out.... I do recall that Danny in 97 developed near the same area but just a tad more east of where all this convection is stationed now... Eventually Danny (Cat I) went NE towards the Mobile area and drilled em with about 30 inches of rain...

No more drought over here gang... hehe

Arrivederci

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center