Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Jun 27 2002 01:07 AM
Nothing.. Nada... Zip.... Zero

Well I finally got some time to check out what's going on via the sat pix, data bouys and a myriad of other weather links and its still the SOS.. Things have been so slow out the past week I've kinda lost my desire and intensity to pay any attention to what's going on.. Saving myself for when things will crank up in late Aug... AND THEY WILL....

Convection in extreme NW GOM tail end of the broad ULL and should not go tropical... Nothing else in GOM to look at... Caribbean has zip... ITCZ nada.... Gee, maybe the convection over the Yucatan area and north of the epac could drift further north into the BOC and incubate into something next week.... Yeah Right.... fuhgetaboutit (less than 10%)

Overall IMO June is going to put up a big fat 0 regarding tropical development (unless something drastic happens really quick)

Pretty safe bet to say that there should be no named tropical systems in June... So what else is new... Climatologically, we only should get a named storm in June every other year anyway, and we got one last year... so just sum it up as the law of averages catching up....

Tropical Storm development not expected until sometime later this summer.......

forecaster.......Frank P... hehe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center