Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Jul 04 2002 11:52 PM
Re: nope

I don't think you can really judge a tropical season based on what happens, or for that matter, does not happen, in June or July... Mid August to mid September is peak of season... We may see something develop later in July, but I give it 50-50 at best... When August rolls around, especially mid Aug, then things should start getting a lot more active... especially the start of the Cape Verdi storms

If we get though Aug and early Sept with no activity then something is not right for sure and this tropical system will be a wash... But I don't see that happening. I predicted 12 named storms back in May and I am sticking to that prediction.... I except at least three to four named storms by the end of August. Four to five named storms in Sept, three to four storms in October and possibly one in November.... for a total of twelve... I can't see anymore than that, and if anything maybe one or two less.... but for the record I'm sticking with 12.... I'll save the crow for thanksgiving if need be..

Smoked Turkey, Chicken, Crow... can't tell em apart... hehe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center