Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Fri Jul 05 2002 03:50 PM
First Atlantic System of the Season?

Well it seems like things are finally kicking off! The system to the NNE of Bermuda has become increasingly better organised on satellite imagery today, and i think it may be declared our first Tropical Cyclone of the season at some point today. Possibly by the 5.30pm TWO. The convection has consolidated over the apparent LLCC, with low level clouds evident to the northeast and the deepest convective activity located in the remaining 3 quadrants. I think it is too early to predict just what might happen to this system, but judging from the appearance on imagery already, i would guess it will be a strong TD, and may reach a weak TS within 24 to 36 hours. Maximum winds (now i amgoing out on a limb!) will not exceed 45 mph with this system before it weakens or gets absorbed.

As for the area to the SE of the NC coast, well it is poorly organised and i dont see much happening with it.

Another area of interest is that which has developed to the south of the Florida Panhandle. Poorly organised at the moment, but worth watching.

Well i will no doubt be posting again soon as this Bermuda System develops!

Rich B

StormWarn2000 IWN

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center