(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 27 2003 07:15 AM
Re: tropical depressions galore

Yeah Donino, been watching for any convective flair up again. Have to say that the area is starting to show more signs of life this morning. If it continues, I'm willing to bet that they will send the plane in today to check it out. Hope all goes well with your cruise, would be a bummer if they canceled.

Mary, in a response to your last post about systems comming our way, have to say that if it was earlier in the season and our area was the first on the models list I would not be too concerned either, usually first pick is in the clear, however as we get into September and into the rest of the season I become a little more concerned as the Florida Pen. suddenly becomes a favored target area. Look even now how everything is set up and the flow we have over our area. Looking back a few years you can see that we have seen our share of systems in September. The systems that we have had during this time has been kind to us, so no one can really say that they have experienced a cane from this area. Looking back we had Josephine in '96, Harvey in '99, he was headed straight for central Florida and on the 11th hour decided to take a dip to our south. There was Hurricane Gordon in 2000, but I think pinellas had very limited hurricane force winds when he came thru. I think that Gabrielle is the TS that you are thinking about in '01. So as you can see Sept. seems to have our name written on the calandar. 90L is looking a bit better will need to keep a close eye on this one, but have to say that I feel that it will come in south of central Florida, at this point it is really a too little early to say that, but I said it and we'll see.

Hey Justme good to see your post! I was wondering where you've been....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center