Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Fri Apr 09 2004 08:48 PM
Re: First Known South Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Forms

Hey guys, i'm back for 2004 and will be posting my thoughts from over here in the UK. What about that SA Hurricane - it certainly was something wasn't it!?! I am still trying to gather as much information as i can about it, and will be preparing an online report over at CycloMax dealing with this storm.

However, the real point of my post is the development to the NE of the Lesser Antilles! Has anyone else noticed this? Apparently the folks at NHC have, as in the latest TWD they talk of some possible development, and a few models hint at this becoming a warm-core low pressure system!! I know its early, but dont forget Ana formed in April last year! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center