HanKFranK
(User)
Mon May 17 2004 03:48 AM
Re: MJO, ENSO, SSTs, etc.

el nino.. i'll believe it when i see it. like steve said, models always calling for it for years, but it hasnt done a whole lot lately. weak-moderate one in 2002 didn't knock a big hole in our numbers, a noticeable one, but not a season-ender.
gfs still calling for that disturbance, still reconfiguring the atlantic shear pattern in a week. nothing to say other than that.. besides that the westpac is running wide open right now.
i've got a mind that the pacific sst config will resemble last year's. also suspect that a spread out, above average season is on the way.. that belies my unchanging numbers.. 11/6/3.
HF 0448z17may

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center