LI Phil
(User)
Mon May 17 2004 05:32 PM
Re: NOAA releases outlook

NOAA fairly consistent with every other prediction scheme we've seen so far this year. Right within my 14/8/3 prediction. I, too, posted my prediction in the other forum, but basically I'm calling for our first TS somewhere in the GOM by mid-June (June 14th-ish). So far, all the big signs are there for an active season: ENSO, SOI, high SSTs, relaxed trades, etc. If these conditions hold through to August, then BAM. Like HF, I hope we see a lot of storms that merely spin the fish. Andrew came in a season that was fairly 'inactive,' so it's not the number of storms, it's where they go. Will have to keep our eyes to the tropics towards the end of the week for Steve's gutsy call.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center