HanKFranK
(User)
Fri May 21 2004 03:29 AM
not to forget 90E..

the eastpac invest.. it's more convincing than its atlantic counterpart. i have a feeling this 3 to 4 day old invest will generate a tropical cyclone. i'd say 50-60% on it.. that a tropical depression forms in 24-36hrs. potential implication is that it begins altering the downstream upper flow, sharpens the upper trough hanging from florida to central america, and causes more ridging in the caribbean. most of the convection down there is east of the model-favored area.. this either means that a shear-shunted system will form and hassle the islands (less likely in my mind) or that the development in the sw caribbean will be trudging and take days (more likely)... or possibly the broadness of the disturbed weather will keep the system unfocused and it won't develop (still most likely).
got to say though, i'm rooting for it. hasn't been a legitimate may atlantic tropical cyclone in over two decades. the timeframe i find it most likely an atlantic depression will form is late saturday-early sunday.
HF 0428z21may

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center