Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun May 23 2004 05:59 AM
Re: overnight

I'm having fun with the pre-season fine tuning stuff. Obviously my call from last weekend/early week that we'd see something late this week was off. Clearly the potential was there along with convection, but I was too fast. I mentioned that likelihood the day after I made my prediction. Obviously, that's not good enough. But hey, at least we had some pre-season stuff to watch. The key to any future tropical nature for the low pressure is the backing of the ULL across the SE Gulf. It's come a long way in the last two days, but it might be too little to late to salvage any face from Monday's prediction. Whether or not anything ultimately develops, I might still be able to get a little credit if the energy phases mid-week along the mid-Atlantic or NE Coast. Along with the potential energy, we had a potential teleconnection with Typhoon Nida. I'd put it at equal chances that the energy either heads off ENE-NE or phases with a trof just off the east coast and bombs out at least a little. That's the only solice I have left with this one unless the original ideas of a TS miraculously still go down. 20% on that at best? /buzzed

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center