HanKFranK
(User)
Wed May 26 2004 09:41 PM
Re: DRY FLORIDA

DRY SOUTH CAROLINA. i've been keeping tabs on my gauge since late march. we had under 3" in april, less than 1" so far this month. not bad yet.. minor hydrologic drought--the streams and subsurface tables are up from all the rain that fell here last year. this is a la nina signal, but the tropical pacific isn't showing that.. cool sst pool has been shrinking some this month. nino 3/4 is warmer too, so the upper sw winds may become anomalously stronger.. that's if the signal starts to overshadow all the other background noise.
lost my bid on the tropical system... it's got clear mid-latitude features today. nhc doesn't post-analyze many systems in, find it unlikely that it will get any official record. padgett will surely make a side-note on it, though. something like 400 people dead in the islands, even if it was just a tropical low. water does most of the killing in tropical systems.
globals hinting at another eastpac system over memorial day weekend. also still pointing to another surge out of the sw caribbean mid-late next week, possible disturbance/low moving nw to the yucatan and into the gulf. far out, but like the invest we just had, consistently appearing on gfs. but by then, the season will be on.
only news left this week should be a possible eastpac development late, and gray's start-of-season forecast update.
HF 2140z26may

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center