Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri May 28 2004 01:03 AM
Re: Joe B.

They have a lot of stuff I don't use. You get to try it free for 30 days, so you can see if it's worth it or not during that time. I only keep it for tropical season from about May through early October. That's < 50 cents a day and you do get the columns and streaming videos that really help with some aspects of understanding pattern recognition and the like. I learn something new almost every day about teleconnections, patterns or whatever. I don't care about winter weather, so I don't carry them during the offseason. But I'd say it's worth the money to me. The whole tropical season ends up costing me less than $75 and that's for the whole year's worth of stuff. PM me if you want to borrow my user id for a day and see what you think.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center