Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri May 28 2004 05:07 AM
Re: That Mega Tsunami....

Enjoyed the post Bobbi. I have a handle on some things, but I just made up the landfall forecast based on what I read from everyone else. It's only done for fun and is more of an afterthought (unless I get lucky with it). Guys like Rob and Jason/TWW with associate Kevin are the internet guys doing the hardcore research. Jimw and Barometer Bob too. You can never have too much information, and you can never run out of thanks for the guys who do all that work.

As for JB, the only thing to look out for in the nearterm is he said that after he published his summer forecast, he was going to do a hurricane season video mid-week next. He isn't going to do the landfall intensity forecast yet because he's waiting for June data that he feels he's got to have, but lots of hints would be found. And we've got Dr. Gray tomorrow.

>>Anyhoo, I didn't realize until today that C-eye is one of the top dogz at Storm2K...

Yeah. S2K is an awesome site. They have a lot of professional mets and some of the best amateurs on the web (guys like Stormsfury, TWW & Barometer Bob). That's my second favorite weather forum (= home away from home).

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center