LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun May 30 2004 05:09 AM
hey steve and all

hi... watching the radar in the plains... what can you say when there's more tropical moisture in kansas than south florida?

where is the rainy season and who or what is holding it hostage?

did it rain today over gitmo? i mean its a desert.. ya know

yes... i want rain.

my thoughts on season are as follows..

think years to be looked at are as follows..

1928, 1966, 1996 1998 as well
some year in 1940s but been looking at tracks for a long time tonight and i get those great 40s years mixed up but want to say 47...will recheck in the morning

those are my years.. after much research for several reasons..of my own

spent the day earlier reading Gray's report..

really looks like all signs show a strong atlantic hurricane season..

only thing i want to add is that i really think they should study trends in african dust and how it eats up ..sucks up moisture of stong waves and inhibits hurricanes from forming.. or lack of it lets a donna like storm get going and keep going..

it is a major factor in my mind on hurricane development as the season unfolds and the lack of research, discussion and documentation in hurricane forecasts is a wide hole that some fullback sort of storm could just run up the middle ... you dont leave such holes wide open..

if you can take in factors such as sea pressure in finland and salt levels, rainfall in africa and the walker current... i dont see how you ignore something so important as whether or not dust will play a big inhibiting factor or lack of it will provide a better environment for development.. just my five cents

and lastly

if TWC continues showing old old reruns of hurricane andrew hitting south dade with some old biddy telling the same old story and all they can do is run a scroll on the bottom announcing tornadoes in ok, kansas and a squall line of severe weather from minn to kansas... its pretty pathetic and they should stop calling themself The Weather Channel and start calling themselves the Disovery Channel Want to Be .. ReRun channel.. its a joke

nice to see weather stories but not while there is live breaking wild weather..

my rant for the evening

take care all and pray for rain in florida
bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center