LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun May 30 2004 11:28 PM
Anyone see Roland Stedham today? re: dry may

Well... if my brother (a weather freak if there was one) called to tell me he just saw Roland giving over some info that was supposed to be released on June 1st but he said as of today May of 2004 was the 4th driest May in history. The top 3 being 1935, 1969 and 1992. My brother added... "isnt that scary.. come on" ... I laughed, thought on it for a second and said "yeah if I was living in Lousianna I'd be terrified."

I mean... gets anyone's attention who knows hurricanes. And, yes... the high ... the high. Feel like that little guy on Fantasy Island (what was his name?) De High De High pointing up into the big blue sky...
All years were hits on Louisianna and think anyone in Florida, this hot sunny peninsular hanging down into the Caribbean Sea ... should sit up and go.. okay...

I hear Jaws music..

Also......something he said about taking a while for a pattern to change so it should be this way a while.

I might point out that 2 of those storms were August storms and Labor Day barely makes it into September... well ahead of the peak of the season a few weeks later.

Something to think on..

Anyone else see Roland? Maybe I'll try and catch him at 11 and see if its repeated.

otherwise... chow for now.. eating burgers, mexicorn and baby creamer potatoes with diet pepsi (yes that person online here can roll their eyes... i didnt want water) and wondering what June will bring.... cause don't think it will be too soon

Bobbi
ps..let me know if my baby brother got it right

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center