Domino
(Weather Guru)
Mon May 31 2004 07:34 AM
Slightly off-topic but...

Once again my town beared the brunt of another string of tornados today. I was lucky enough to be out and about and had a great view of roughly an F2 as it moved across the south side of Indianapolis. After it passed my position I was able to "safetly" observe the debris field from no more than 100-200 feet away. This is far closer than I was to the one in Sept 2002 and I certainly don't want to be any closer than this. Damage to my city was pretty heavy...however again my home was spared by 1/4 mile...(to the north instead of the south this time..) I just hope the next one doesn't split the middle or I'll be screwed!

Derek

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center