LI Phil
(User)
Wed Jun 02 2004 12:21 AM
Did Steve really win?

Just watched Joe B's tropical weather update...he mentioned that a Netherlands weather service was stating that (I'm paraphrasing here) "the remnants of the tropical storm that affected Hispaniola are now affecting Holland". Now, if NWS/NOAA/NHC doesn't classify it as a TS, then I guess it's not, but it's not just Joe B who felt last weeks system met TS parameters.

Since I'm still banking on 6/14 for our first named TS, I'm not ready to concede yet....

But, NHC may yet call this system Alex. Of course, for the 2,000+ dead it really doesn't matter where they classify it or not, but I'm more than willing to give it the benefit of a doubt.

In the event it remains nameless, well, I guess I can only hope for something in the gulf next weekend. But I'll be the first to tip my cap to Steve and say "he won" on this one.

Cheers & Peace

LIP

Oh yeah, as long as the formerly quiet posters are checking in, one by one, two shouts out: Colleen & Shawn. Where are you guys? Be safe and sound!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center