HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Jun 04 2004 03:04 AM
Re: Thanks Ed...understand better.

hmm... nice info there ed. i thought nrl worked more independently of nhc.. i can recall at least one instance where nrl numbered a depression and nhc never followed up... must have been a sudden change of opinion in that case.
energetic waves in june have in recent years spawned the odd tropical depression (2000, 2003). scatterometer data suggested that both actually crossed the tropical storm threshold, but nhc is less interested in naming transient systems that may/may not be and will most likely open back up when they hit a pocket of shear... can't say i blame them.
92L has the look to me of one of those systems that falls to bits within 36hrs off the coast. maybe we'll get another odd invest with a follow-on wave. same result unless the itcz and subtropical ridge buck up a bit more to the north.
bastardi's rogue system looks like one of those late season wannabe noreasters, more-so than a semi-tropical one. newer modeling has it moving more poleward, staying more onshore, and phasing in with a shortwave.. not a develpment scenario.
best chance right now for something is what steve alluded to. a week from now in the gulf. upper flow realigns, creates some good divergence.. any low level energy that happens by finds a good environment.. typical story. details iffy, of course.
HF 0304z04june

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center