joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Jun 04 2004 12:19 PM
Re: The Cape Verde Season

Not much to look at this morning, really only two areas of interest. The CV season is still a month away if you ask me, but I agree the waves are showing alot of energy for this time of the year, even if they are still a little too far south. It looks like their could be some long trackers this year.

The other is south of PR; one wave has survived the trip across somewhat intact and will be south of Jamaica in two or three days. If I had to point at any area and say maybe something will happen, that would be the one. It at least might provide some energy to stir the pot early-mid next week in the gulf.

On a local note, we've had 3-5 inches of rain arcoss NE Fl in the first three days of June, easing the very dry and hot weather we were stuck in. Should return to a more normal mode by Monday, but may start picking back up by the end of next week, so says the NWS at Jax.

Enjoy your day

Joepub1

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center