Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Jun 06 2004 06:41 PM
Re: Speaking of Weather....

Update looks good Mike except when you come in from the main news page, the system gives the error message that it's unable to display the forum I was looking for. I got in from clicking on the news item and then "read other people's comments". Ordinarilly, I get in by clicking on the "#" behind the news item.

The rogue storm discussed last week cut up too far west and never got cranking as far as overwater feedback. But it did get cranking south of Cape Cod (see link below if its' still daytime)

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html

As for the SW Caribbean stuff, I don't know where Joe gets week-10 days from. No way is it going to take that long to migrate up, but I suppose if the trof split drops far enough south (BOC?), it might curtail northward advancement of the wave and convection. Anyway, I like the teleconnection idea of a typhoon starting West of the Philipines and slowly migrating up then NE. Check out 07.NONAME on NRL's site. I don't like the JTWC's track with the system which is to slowly migrate it NNE over southern Taiwan and then hook it back NW between the Korean Peninsula and China. That's a weird Upper Texas or North Gulf teleconnection with a hook back west. No doubt the JTWC (in response to this post) will be changing their track. Peace. Happy Sunday.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center