LI Phil
(User)
Mon Jun 07 2004 12:25 AM
Re: Important for Floridians to read this

C-eye. Interesting read there. I think Floridians are always aware of the threat, at least since Andrew, but a couple of near misses may have lulled them into a false sense of security. Hope that's not the case.

I know PR is always under the threat, so hopefully you guys will be all safe and sound this year. Certainly Hispaniola, particularly the Haitian part of it, don't need any more mischief this season.

Several posts back, I had written that I thought LI might be "out of the woods" this year, but it's become increasingly apparent that we are at least medium-risk this season. And it looks like NE could be at even higher risk. Joe B feels the northeast will take a hit this season.

Watching a really interesting Storm Story on TWC about weather and the D-Day invasion. It's amazing how the weather really does affect everything in one way or another...a bad forecast could have cost the Allies the war!

Cheers & Peace

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center