summercyclone
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Jun 10 2004 02:03 PM
Call of the day

Goes to James....looks interesting, and there is the hint of a circulation forming, convection is holding together---in past Junes, this area has often bred the first storm. Of the morning line-up, this is most promising. Low shear, lots of good wv imagery....if it is still there this pm, and has held it's own/improved in organization, this may be 'it'.

Elsewhere:

W Carib convection looks a little more interesting this am, there is some curvature, some outflow, it just is beginning to have that 'look'. Climo is a go; shear needs to lessen; and, "to the good", as HF stated, it is moving out of the strong easterly belt. Could at least be a rainmaker. Same story as SC blow-up--let's see what is there this pm ...

Impulses come and go on MX coast..the MCC (Mexican Coast Crawler--grin) evaporated in the aforementioned shear (no denial here!!), and it is still ripping there....looks like another impulse might be forming up. No joy expected there.

Finally---another wave approaches the islands and another impressive wave moves off Africa. June--too soon.

On another note, in TLH we had a fierce thunderstom on the northside last night---pretty awesome...I didn't go far enough back in the loops to see if the MCC off SC was the same that blew us up last night (was in town working, and I got soaked and (lightning) stroked!)

Have a happy Thursday////if the SC complex hold together--I may call the ball this pm or evening--stay tuned!

sc

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center