Cycloneye
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jun 20 2004 12:28 AM
Re: soi, anomalies and such

Great discussion there Steve abut the soi and el nino etc but I am with you about not seeing any signs of el nino around the equatorial pacific at this time in june and being that way I see neutral conditions for ENSO thru the peak of the season.After that peak of the season has passed then we will have to watch those pacific waters to see if it begins to warm.I am with the 28th of june as my date for Alex to form but I can say that it doesn't seem that anything will form at that date and my guess is a lost cause.This 2004 season looks like a late season one meaning starting more late and finishing late in november but time will tell.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center