LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jun 22 2004 03:37 PM
Rick, no one is saying global warming isn't real

I don't think anyone who has responded has said that global warming isn't real. It's just that it's not occurring on a grand scale (yet). And it won't happen overnight, ala TDAT. Go read the EPA's website (which I posted above). Even the government acknowledges global warming.

Regarding the eruption of a volcano, I'd have to do some research on that, but it wouldn't surprise me that a monster eruption could have a much greater affect on planet earth than anything humans have been pumping into the air for the past 200 years.

Again, remember, until the industrial revolution, humans had little, if any, effect on global conditions. We now understand the ramifications of this and are taking (albeit baby) steps to rectify the problem we have created. But the environment has an amazing ability to adjust to climate change. Should we be concerned about global warming? Absolutely. Should we take steps to mitigate or even reverse it? Absolutely. Should we be worried about 500 MPH hurricanes hitting Moblie? NO! Not today, not tomorrow, not next season, not in 2045.

Yes, Rick, global warming exists, it's here and we know it. But it's not gonna kill us all in the next week.

PEACE!

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center