HanKFranK
(User)
Tue Jun 22 2004 11:39 PM
Re: Something in the Gulf this weekend?

expect that would be the last chance for anything in the atlantic in june. can't find much in the way of model support for it. an mcc drifting off the texas coast, a max on whatever part of the wave gets there, or both acting together would probably be needed. mjo should flip negative (that's a plus for development) soon here.. anything is possibly, nothing is likely. no invest on it (yet) but there's a decent disturbance south of mexico in the epac.. moving a bit quickly.. whether it develops or not, could signal that things in the atlantic will improve.
the topic ran its course, but i was surprised by how many folks here have cared to look in to global warming and form an opinion--something substantive in the relative void (that's carefree people living unawares) between the green fringe (plus willingly sycophantic media outlets) and commercial lobbies (plus big business' silver-tongued p.r. people). well, i shouldn't be that surprised by the enthusiasm.. this is a weather forum.
a'ite steve h., i promise not to go too far off topic again.. today. scouts' honor.
HF 2339z22june

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center