Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jun 23 2004 08:37 PM
Re: JB

Not really. Last week I pointed out that anything to watch would be Gulf or WC, but I don't see either as a particular hotspot. The western Gulf is possible if there's anything that gets spinning down there before the front washes out, but that's about it. The wave that brought all the showers to Hispan(i)ola, is splitting. A piece of energy is heading off NNW, while the axis continues west. The piece heading up is following in the wake of an ULL around 77W which is also headed NW. In the Gulf, there is an ULL centered around 86/26 which will probably prevent anything from happening east of 90 in the near term.

I'd say chances right now for anything the rest of the month are pretty slim and none. But with the SE/S flow interrupted on the Texas Coast (as per your Joe B recap), it's not impossible that something could brew up along the TX Gulf Coast. I doubt it, but the moisture is available.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center