Rob_M
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Jun 24 2004 05:57 PM
Re: jb

Just read and listened to JB's forecast...can't argue with him on much, for the most part his landfall predictions are similar to what Jason, Kevin, and I forecasted in our seasonal a month ago. Our highest risk US region is from MS to the Big Bend (likely 1 major)...then others such as TX, west FL, and NC all at lesser risks (weaker NS hits)...and then regions such as LA and east FL where we don't expect anything period. I can't say that I really agree with JB's high probability of a west FL major, but the western side of FL in general...more likely the Panhandle...at a greater risk I CAN agree with.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Regardless of precise landfall points, there's very little doubt we'll be on our toes a lot this season.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center