Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jul 05 2004 07:20 PM
Re: More satellite imagery

This is Colleen....I have to post as "anonymous" because I can't remember my doggone password..ARGH!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July! We enjoyed ours. We went to the Pepsi 400 in Daytona and got hammered by a severe storm. Ouch! Three guys got hit by lightning by the merchandise trailers, but they all lived to tell about it (how, I don't know) and were even able to go watch the race! Amazing! I guess a better question to ask would be why they were at the merchadise trailers in the first place with that kind of storm going on. It takes all kinds....which my 8-year noticed. As we were making our way into the racetrack, he noted the following:

"There sure are a lot of drunk people here, Mom! (pauses for a moment)....oh yeah, it's a race!! You're supposed to be drunk! DUH!"

Kids.....they don't miss a trick, eh?

Re: the wave/invest/tpc statement. I thought that there was a year that we had a CV storm early in June, am I insane? I'm sure it fizzled out but I do remember thinking at the time that it would be an active season, and I think it was either last year or the year before. I'm sure someone knows. I'm sure the TPC is "thinking" that this wave has a little potential but not much, but for them to mention it at all speaks for itself. As for marginal conditions...well, who knows what could happen. Maybe this will be a rogue storm. I don't remember Andrew being forecast to be a Cat4-5 or for it to hit south Florida, either. But he did, and the rest is history! Never underestimate Mother Nature. Just when she's got you down for your nap, she comes screaming back into the room to tell you it's time to get up!

It looks like we might see some nasty weather here in Polk County. It looks as though Hillsborough is taking a severe beating at the present moment.

Hope all is okay with Ed. I'm sure we'll hear soon.

Colleen

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center