Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Jul 06 2004 05:11 PM
Re: LI Express

That is what I would term "slime-weasel" wording Although the 16Z loop says to me that the circulation is "re-organizing" to the SW. 12Z GFS likes both waves, as it has one east of the Bahamas at 172 and at the same time one threatening the islands (Windwards). These TWOs like this Emphasize the negative and denounce the positive. The old "bait and switch." Yor're not too sensitive to inferring things into the words Colleen; its ALL about the words Anyhow, as a former LI'er I went through Donna and Bell and Gloria. Gloria basically sheared its way through LI, Bell was much more organized than Gloria when it came through, and the eye passed over my house. But Gloria caused much more damage with the power outages and downed trees. I also thought the T-shirts were in poor taste and didn't but one

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center