LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jul 06 2004 05:23 PM
Belle

Steve H.

Funny you mention Belle...that's actually "my first storm" and what got me into the weather to begin with. I remember it like yesterday, too. I was 10 years old, my dad took me to McDonalds and I was wondering why they were putting up masking tape (of all things) over the windows. O'course, we didn't have TWC back then (or even cable), so there really wasn't much to watch...anyway, we had two 80' willow trees in the backyard, and the next morning, there was only one. It fell between my house and my neighbors house (5' either way and it would have hit either house). Very lucky we were indeed. Well, the next day I went to the library and took out a small paperback entitled "Hurricanes and Tornados". The library never received the book back -- I think my parents paid the fine, unbeknownst to me. It's probably still at my parents' house somewhere.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, Steve. Since you mentioned it, how bad was Donna? And were you here for Carol & Diane?

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center