LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jul 06 2004 11:08 PM
Re: shift

HF,

2 solid posts, as always. Yeah, the site was down for like 13 hours yesterday, not sure why. Maybe Mike was trying something new out.

Good call on the disturbance southwest of Bermuda (even though you weren't the first to call it...you probably would have been last night could anyone have logged on). What chances would you give it of becoming named (or at least a TD)? Looking at the skatomometer (sp) #s on the first African wave, it looks like it could be a TD too.

As far as a new thread, I don't know if I have the "power" to make a new one, but I'll agree, Jamiewx' suggestion would be great for a new one. That call is up to Ed, John or Mike, not me, but I'll toss my hat into the ring for that...

Saw that the MJO made it all the way to Africa, so lets give it 2-3 weeks for major action, but I'll still bet we get a TD within the next week. If either or both African waves make it to the w carrib, watch out...everything's coming into play nicely now.

JoeB was opining today that the TUTT, firmly entrenched now, will lift up early next week, allowing plenty of ridging that could get 95L (and possibly 96L) past the Antilles and into the w carrib. Certainly bears watching.

And HF, loved the "latin" reference with the plural of the brothers Cornelius. It's been 20 years, but, I do believe that would be the "Brothers Cornelii".

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center