LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Jul 08 2004 04:03 AM
Topic is "bring on the weather" not models and waves

The topic IS "Bring ON the Weather" and my post was about the lack of WEATHER in South Florida.

Bring on the weather means in my opinon...we are ready and waiting for the weather and we aren't getting any.

Not here..and not in Nepal.

My post was very on topic. The posts here about every little wispy cloud somewhere far away that will never get to the East Coast where Hurricanes are supposed to are OFF TOPIC. You want me to go thru and pick out how many are off topic but just general tropical trivia?

It's prudish and old fashioned to have to yank someone's post because they mentioned Naked Women in Nepal and overlook the fact that the article is about the fact that they are waiting to have some weather and we are waiting to have some weather and we are both waiting about as long for a seasonal pattern to get back to being seasonal.

My post was more about climo and bringing on the weather than any post of late that was just bemoaning and arguing out weather the MJO is or isn't a factor.

Maybe there should be an MJO board or a board for posts talking about models twelve days out and sitting on the porch shooting the breeze with the guys.

Sorry but thats MY opinon.

Says "bring on the weather"

You want to define THAT?

We had a board that was waiting for Bastardi's predicted storm that never materialized in the Gulf for WEEKS way after the forecast was blown and way before Ed disapeered and those posts weren't yanked.

No, I don't understand. I understand that its okay to talk about the wierdest things and get more bogged down in what is often a boring technical duel between only two or three posters who understand what they are saying as long as someone isn't using a little humor or trying to wake everyone up and smile a bit and at the same time learn that there is another place that is also waiting to Bring on the Weather and I would bet anything that there is some correlation in weather patterns that is depriving Nepal of rain and South Florida.

If we can study sunspots to see how they affect El Nino and watch the WV over japan its not a far stretch to see that we are both over a month late in monsoonal rains.

That post was NOT about trivia. Many posts here have been and they haven't been shoved onto a board no one reads. This wansn't about weather it was about getting nervous because the article was also about some girl doing some ritual rice harvest to some rain god w/o the proper rice picking gear.

Sorry no one is allowed have fun or smile but just duel out meteorological concepts around here in high tech lingo during what is a big dry spell of tropical weather.

I don't mind being censored when I am off topic or censor the comment about the Red Sox winning but I do mine being censored when I am ON topic.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center