James88
(Weather Master)
Fri Jul 09 2004 08:11 PM
Re: 96L flares up

This is a indeed a very slow start. We were spoilt last year with all the early activity, but than last year was unusual in a number of ways. I think it's fair to say that we'll probably have a slightly above average year, it's just that most of the activity will take place in a concentrated period of several weeks (as in 1998). I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion (for what it's worth). Anyway, Rabbit's numbers seem reasonable, with an active August. The last time 5 formed in August was in 2000. That year was a slow starter as well - Alberto didn't form until August 4th! I'm starting to wonder whether we'll have a similar wait this year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center