LI Phil
(User)
Sat Jul 10 2004 09:14 PM
Re: Hey All

Joe1954,

I see you're calling 15 named storms. Wanna take a crack at TS/HUR/MAJ?

Bugs,

I won't say it's 100% against development for the Yucatan mess, but probably 99%. It will be near the Tex/Mex border sometime tomorrow, so there's probably not enough time for anything to develop. It WILL, however, be a huge rainmaker.

I think we're all so anxious for a first storm that we're all jumping on every bit of disturbed weather hoping it's "the one".

While it certainly wouldn't be unprecedented not to have a named storm by August, it wouldn't necessarily mean a slow season, as Rob pointed out earlier. If the MJO flip noted by Steve and Rob (and JoeB) does happen as discussed, we may not have much activity until mid-August...but then...BAM.

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center