LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jul 13 2004 09:38 PM
Re: see if it sits

Hey Colleen,

I really do want it to develop, I really do. It's just that even if a piece stays over open water and somehow makes it to just south of the Yucatan, the sheer will shred it to bits. It's starting to get frustrating going this deep into the season without so much as a TD (well, at least an "official" TD). Think there's a general consensus on this board that the storm which trashed Hispaniola in late May was a TD, even if not so designated.

Steve, yeah I read about Bret this am from Joe, but didn't pay it much mind...read your FWIW...forgot how quickly Bret formed and how quickly he intensified -- from 90 kts to 125 in under 6 hours. Certainly not one for the record books, but it does show to go ya that under better conditions (like time of year-August), these things can get cranking and in a hurry.

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center