Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Jul 15 2004 09:12 PM
Re: Unnamed Storms

my thoughts on these
ftp://virga.sfsu.edu/pub/satimgs/gevis/big/0405/23/04052320_gevis.gif the system in may looked alot like the unnamed 2000 subtropical storm while in the Caribbean, and winds were sustained according to buoys at 40mph, so it was very likely a subtropical storm
ftp://virga.sfsu.edu/pub/satimgs/gevis/big/0405/25/04052520_gevis.gif
when it got into the atlantic looked like a depression

ftp://virga.sfsu.edu/pub/satimgs/gevis/big/0406/13/04061320_gevis.gif
gulf system may have been a depression; i have my doubts because the surface center on loops appeared to be west of the main convection

the Atlantic system was probably a subtropical storm either here
ftp://virga.sfsu.edu/pub/satimgs/gevis/big/0406/14/04061420_gevis.gif
or here
ftp://virga.sfsu.edu/pub/satimgs/gevis/big/0406/17/04061720_gevis.gif (look closely at tropical appearance in center)

the Bermuda system may have been, but again, i have doubts, because the center was not all that organized

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center