LI Phil
(User)
Sun Jul 18 2004 05:52 PM
Re: Possible Developments???

I too think (hope) something can get going in the next 10 days, possibly within 5 days...Agree that the Gulf is just RIPE for development, if something can get going down there. Also, "my" wave somewhere near 45W south of 15N is still tenaciously hanging on, despite less than favorable conditions.

JB reckons something could get going in the Gulf next week as well, as early as Wednesday, and more likely by next week end.

Looks like JB's rogue storm is doing a number on the Delmarva and Chesapeake as we speak (some 5+" amounts already) and will head up my way as the day progresses. Right now there is no wind to speak of, and I'm doubtful we'll be seeing any gale force winds, but the system is still well south of me. It will be wet, very wet.

Otherwise, it's pretty quiet.

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center