Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Sun Jul 18 2004 06:22 PM
Re: Possible Developments???

Hey guys, just thought i'd post my thoughts on the two waves east of the Lesser Antilles. The first one currently near and just east of the islands is not that well organised, and not firing off much convection EXCEPT for the area just to the NNE of Barbados. The latest TWD alluded to this region and says that a mid-level circulation is present, but no surface one at the moment. It looks very compact, and will probably give the islands a few hefty showers and some gusty winds. If the mid-level and weak circulation can make it to the surface then this might have a chance, but it just seems too small and fragile at the moment.

The other wave located around 46W continues to seem well developed. The convection has increased over the past few hours, and again there are suggestions of a circulation at the mid-levels. This wave seems to have a little more 'strength' in it than the one to its west, and i think stands a better chance of becoming something more.

Just my thoughts

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center