LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 18 2004 09:06 PM
Re: EVERYBODY'S WAVE!!!

"a precursor to 1992 here in South Fla, Also with a strong cold front /trough coming down in July (very rare) could August and September have the ridge in place strongly off the East Coast that will drive storms west instead of recurving northward, any comments???"

I'm thinking that you are right in that after the trough passes and whatever goes on in connection with it the next phase would be the high building in again...just in time for the Atlantic Hurricane Season/Cape Verde Season .. hard to say, makes anyone who lived here then a bit nervous when its so hot, so bright and before I read this I was looking up at the neighbors mango tree trying to remember why the year of Andrew we had two or three strong blooms (didn't this year btw) and how after the fact we all had things in our mind as to how 92 seemed so different.

I suppose until we have another strong cane we will remember Andrew until the next great cane that leaves a mark upon our memory.

so is the way of the world

Funny how somethings in life you can try and convince yourself that nothing happened and others you can't.

Andrew... is unforgettable.

It's quiet.. too quiet.. see it as a precursor to trouble not a lowered quieter season.

My thoughts. Now you got them.

Watching the wave but believe TWC is watching the Gulf. Saw it on mute a little while ago.. let the loop sit a long time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center