Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Mon Jul 19 2004 04:05 PM
Re: Question

all the outlooks say the same, "no signs of tropical cyclone formation"
I am actually a bit surprised the wave east of the Antilles hasnt even been mentioned on the Weather Channel yet

at least they've added "elsewhere" at the end of the "no development expected" line

also, anyone who lives in Florida, the weather has been rather comfortable for being the end of July, it actually is starting to feel like the end of September

would be nice if the tropics would reflect this

Anyway, 97L has a pretty good chance at development, if it doesnt move into South America or dissipate in the Eastern Caribbean (I'm only going to be 21 on the 23rd, but Ive been tracking since 1993 and Ive seen both scenarios happen with waves as well as classified systems)
the system off of Africa also looks very organized, but Im going to wait and see since so many that far east have dissipated a few days later, but it does seem to have a strong flow of low-level westerlies to the south of the wave (same setup as with Cindy in 1999 a few days before exiting Africa and immediately becoming a TD)

Wait and see, we could have something, but after all of the other "maybe's" that have dissipated, I dont want to get my hopes up

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center