Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Jul 19 2004 08:27 PM
Re: 97L East of Windwards Being Watched

Time to jump back in, looks like we'll see action pretty soon.

Check this out:
http://twister.sbs.ohio-state.edu/surface/caribbean.gif

We still don't have a west wind. From the looks of this map, we don't have a closed circ yet. I wouldn't worry though, the system seems to be organizing this afternoon despite rapid forward movement. I have a weird (and probably incorrect) feeling that NHC will classify this as a TD at 5. Ah, that young gut.

The models are trending more westerly with their tracks this afternoon. Sure, we have a big trough that's going to weaken this Bermuda High over the next couple of days. But this system is still moving quickly westward, indicative of a strong east-to-west flow. So while I feel that a northerly movement is lurking as a possiblity, a more westerly track is interesting to me. Besides, climotology doesn't necessairily support this system curving to the north.

Let the storms roll...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center