LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 21 2004 11:59 AM
only thought, last thought for the time being

Late yesterday before he found his groove again if you covered the bottom half of the wave and only looked at the top half of the wave. Really stared at it w/o the associated lower fast moving convection ...you could see there was a twist/center/something going on but it looked like it was totally running out of steam and around 8 you could barely see anything left.

System like most waves has had a few centers. In various levels of the atmosphere though never at the surface. Had a real good mid-level center a while back. If you covered the top of the wave (this is by the way a very good trick and works well when disecting waves and canes) you could see another twist that suffered greatly from friction with South America.

Wave regenerated around the point I was watching yesterday and it looked pretty dead.

Who knows. Almost had it going on a few days back..looked real good and yet NHC was right with that 5 and now think they are reticent to write it off yet as momentary development.

Like I know or any of us do but only my question would be ... is it still heading west?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center